Nevendon Manor Events
We visited Unicorns and Princesses at Nevendon Manor Events. A great family event. They offer several different themed events throughout the year. We have previously visited several of these productions and are such huge fans. We attended Willy Wonka, Alice in Wonderland and the Wizard of Oz themed events. They have always blown me away with their attention to detailing. Watching your child’s interaction with the characters in the production is just so magical. You can read about our previous visit to the Alice in Wonderland event or their Christmas Production ‘An Elf’s Wish‘.
Nevendon Manor Events is situated in Wickford in Essex. A 16th century property situated within approximately 7 acres of grounds. These grounds create the perfect backdrop for their immersive outdoor theatre productions. They include woodland areas, period outbuildings, large open ponds, a ‘secret garden’, a ‘ruined castle’ and open grassland. During a Nevendon Manor Event, the whole garden is dressed in custom built props, that not only look amazing but make fantastic photo opportunities. They also have a variety of animals which you may be lucky enough to meet on your visit. They include Alpacas, Pigs, Goats, Geese, Ducks!
Unicorns and Princesses
“When Princesses meet Unicorns at Nevendon Manor, Dreams really do come true”
On this occasion we went to the Unicorns and Princesses at Nevendon Manor Events. I can only describe the events as immersing yourself in a live action theatre production. For kids, this is truly a magical experience. Like the most amazing role play game where everyone is dressed up and playing along. During the 1 hour duration it takes to walk round the grounds, you are transported to a fantasy land. We followed the paths to find the beautiful princesses along our way. The grounds are always beautifully decorated and themed to the event. The pathways were lined with flowers and toadstools and there were fairy houses among the woodland and even a castle! There is always so much attention to detail.
During our visit we met several Princesses. We were greeted by Rapunzel and after helping her find her little pal Pascal, she sang to us beautifully. We continued along our path to find Snow White in the woodland, she read a story to the children. Next up was Tinkerbell, she was hiding under her giant toadstool. She had some questions for the children to answer and taught them all a fairy dance.
In the next area we were greeted by Cinderella who sang to us and then taught the children the correct prince and princess etiquette. The princess in this particular area of the production changes each day, so it will be a surprise!
Next up, we came across Flynn Rider who had foolishly lost Rapunzel’s crown, so the children had to help him out to find it. Finally we met the unicorns, such beautiful creatures (and all rescued). The children got to groom them before going on a short unicorn ride!
All of the the actors and actresses were all really professional, never breaking character and interacting so well with the children. Their costumes were amazing too! It was such a magical experience from start to finish. We look forward to going to more events at Nevendon Manor! I would recommend popping it on your list of things to do during the school holidays!
How to book
Visit the Nevendon Manor Events website to book tickets. You can purchase time slot tickets several months in advance. Tickets prices vary per event.
Questions and Answers
- Is there parking available? Yes you there is parking on site at Nevendon Manor Events.
- What age is Nevendon Manor Events suitable for? Events at Nevendon Manor are suitable for all ages, children and adults, male and female.
- Do I have to pay for adults? As the events are aimed at all the family to enjoy, tickets prices are the same regardless of age. The only exception is babes in arms that are either in a sling or carrier for the duration of the event are free.
- How long does the trail last? The trail lasts about 1 hour.
- Are you able to take photographs with the characters? Yes there are opportunities to take lots of photos as you go round the trail with the characters.
- What facilities are there at Nevendon Manor Events? Before entry there are stalls available to buy refreshments, for face painting or to but a momento. There are portable toilets available.
- Is this an outdoor or indoor event? This is an outdoor event.
- Will the event still run if it is raining? Yes this is predominantly an outdoor event so please dress according to the weather conditions and wear suitable footwear. If it has been raining we do recommend wearing wellies, please ensure extra socks are worn in cold weather.
- How do I receive my tickets? On purchasing your tickets will automatically be emailed to you, which you can either show on your phone or bring along a printed paper copy.
Thank you for reading ‘Unicorns and Princesses at Nevendon Manor Events’.
Pin me for later:
We were invited along to visit Unicorns and Princesses at Nevendon Manor Eventsr Events to review this event. Please note all my comments and opinions are strictly my own. I have been visiting Nevendon Manor since 2014.