How to make your own Hanging Easter Egg Decorations
Easter seems to be more and more popular each year, from arranging Easter Egg hunts, Easter Bunny visits to decorating your home for Easter. We have a Easter tree that we decorate each year. This year we thought it would be fun to make our own Hanging Easter Egg Decorations. Something simple that would look super pretty on our twig tree. I’ve designed a free printable for you to download and make these Easter Egg decorations yourself at home.
What you need to make these Easter Egg Hanging Decorations
These are the items you need to make these Hanging Easter Egg Decorations.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended at no extra cost to yourself. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Card to print Easter Egg Decorations sheet (download your free Easter Egg printable below).
- Scissors to either hand cut out the Easter Eggs or a cutting machine for example Cricut or Silhouette.
- Ribbon, I used a 10mm spotty grosgrain ribbon.
- Glue. I like to use a quick drying glue like Tombow Liquid Glue. Its less messy and you can hang the decorations straight away instead of waiting for them to dry.
- Download and print your free Hanging Easter Egg Decorations Printable sheet.
- You can choose to either hand cut out using scissors or uploading and cutting out using your Cricut or Silhouette cutting machine.
- Once your Easter Eggs are printed and cut out, fold them in half vertically down the middle. It makes it easier to fold if you score down the middle of each egg, either using a scoring blade on a paper trimmer or with a ruler and a sharp edged instrument, for example a knife or a fork.
- Fold them in half with the colour on the outside and apply glue to one half of the inside. Stick this to the inside half of your second Easter Egg. You will need 5 folded Easter Eggs per Hanging decoration.
- Once again apply glue to one inside edge of the folded Easter Egg and keep going until you have stuck 4 eggs together.
- Cut a small piece of Ribbon approximately 6 inches (15 to 20cms) long. Fold in half and apply some glue to the top of the centre of the egg. Tucking in the loose ends of the ribbon, providing a loop at the top to hang your decoration.
- Stick both sides of the remaining 5th Easter Egg in place to close up the Easter egg into a circle.
- Just give everything a press and check all secure and you are all finished and ready to hang on your Easter Tree! (Obviously leave to dry first if using PVA glue or glue stick).
Download your free Hanging Easter Egg Decorations Printable
Please note this is for personal use only and all designs are copyright of www.littlemissedenrose.com. Please do not sell or distribute.
You can also use this Free Easter Egg Printable to make lots of other Easter themed crafts.
Pin me for later:
Thank you for reading ‘Make your own Hanging Easter Egg Decorations – Free Printable’